October 27 2010
Notational Velocity is an excellent, lightweight notes application for OS X, and it works great with Notesy (even better since 2.0 came out 1/28/2011).
To setup Notational Velocity to work with Notesy:
- In Notational Velocity, navigate to Preferences > Notes > Storage.
- For Store and read notes on disk as: choose Plain Text Files.
- In the Finder, drag your Notational Data folder (by default in
~/Library/Application Support/) to
You may also choose to uncheck Confirm note deletion under Preferences > General.
To access the same notes via Notational Velocity from a different computer, follow steps 1 and 2 above then do:
- Choose Preferences > Notes > Read notes from folder:
- Select the Notational Data folder inside your
Now you can use Notational Velocity on all the computers you perform these steps on, and the notes will stay in sync between them and with Notesy.